Thanks to Forum Members

• Blacknight3 Dec 02, 2017 08:03 AM
  • Now that NCIX appears to be in its final death throes I wanted to say thank you to some of the members that have provided assistance and guidance and just general friendship over the last 12 or so years.

Saberaon, Babaghan, Mr. Friendly. Spork, Cannon Fodder, Jakelwood, Narkshark, and many others. You gave advice and pointers many times when I was building rigs for both myself and friends. You never talked down, but provided plain straight forward advice and opinions which were much appreciated.

Chicoman, you went above and beyond when I was building a couple of rigs for people that were having a bad go in life. You sent me game codes and offered to assist in the builds and that was greatly appreciated. Those things were appreciated far more than you know by those families that had lost so much. Thank you my friend for you help.

Coach, You started my all time favorite thread on these forums.... Beer. I put more research and effort into that than almost anything project I started on here       

I hope that we can meet again on another forum someplace if this one is destined to die. For anyone that should with to stay in contact my email address is malmac3AThotmailDOTcom

This message was modified by the poster at 12 02, 2017 08:14 AM
  • Fred W Dec 02, 2017 10:26 AM
  • Giving a shoutout to LSI who always had insightful information about SSDs, especially during the early days when info wasn't as easily digestible by non-expert consumers!

I learned so much from lurking on these forums so it's a bit sad to see it go.
  • Mr. Friendly™ Dec 02, 2017 11:11 AM
  • I will be here as long as the forums are operating...bug if anyone wants to chat with me, etc, you can message me with the same handle on HWC.

and if you wish to email me,
    cdv
    at
    hot
    mail
    com

• Cannon Fodder Dec 02, 2017 12:04 PM
  • Yeah, since we don't know FOR SURE if/when this forum will disappear, this would be a good time to thank folks here. As mentioned, there are way too many folks that have provided help and some entertainment, to a lot of others, and it's way too easy to miss many of them, but some that come to mind at the moment are:

DeathHawk, AR, Hyperlight, Gazoo..... WAY too many..... Saberon, dave3m, & d2frm, for helpin' out with the newsletter points links, Babs for numerous smartass, chuckle-worthy posts, Jake with your TONS of monitor info, and of course Mr.Friendly for spamming the forums with EVERY damn, non-computer-related topic under the sun!!! I know if I scoured the forums, I could find LOTS more folks that were helpful, if not to me, to someone else here(and I usually hit the "like" button on those posts), so a collective THANKS to all of you!!!

Guess I shouldn't overlook the staffers..... pretty sure I mentioned this in another thread.... while there were several others that I know helped many customers with their problems, the two that stand out to me, because they helped me, personally, are Greg & ChrisK, so thanks to you guys!!!
  • BokChoy Dec 02, 2017 01:40 PM
  • Was a good run...
  • SchoolBoy Dec 02, 2017 01:52 PM
  • Wow it's been years on years since I've last posted. Don't even remember my old username, but I heard NCIX was dying/dead.

Pretty nostalgic seeing these names. My thanks to LSI and jakeElwood in particular for how much they taught me, but also to d_h, Friendly, hyperlight, and hell, even WAI for the laughs. Hope to see you guys around on similar communities.

• TheGreatGazoo™ Dec 02, 2017 04:45 PM
  • This forum is like a second home for me, it's one of the first pages I go to when online. HWC is great and all, but this is where my heart will always be. I've had a lot of laughs thanks to the many regulars and no so regulars. I've learned a lot and advanced my knowledge of things electronical.

Special thanks from me to Mr. Friendly, Deathhawk, AR, DJZ, Cannon Fodder, Babs and so many more that I am forgetting right now.

I hope I have helped a few people along the way here.

And a HUGE HUGE thanks to the Moderators that kept this forum clean on their own time. It's very rare to find spam and nasty talk on this forum because of them.

Like Mr. Friendly, I'll be here for as long as the forum is up and I also am on HWC under the same handle.
  • Babaghan Dec 02, 2017 07:26 PM
  • Thanks to all the members who made the forum a great place to hang out. I wish to graciously decline naming anyone, because if I leave anyone out, they will feel slighted. Feel free to add me to your list of contacts - Raymond sterlingfaux AT gmail DOT com. I'm very active on LinkedIn. I'll accept anyone who wants to add me as a connection; search for me using my email address, but just mention you're from the NCIX user forum so I don't ignore you
  • BF2] hillybilly Dec 02, 2017 08:44 PM
  • Sad news for a great community.

Thanks to everyone for the support and good times.

some great laughs in this forum... can't remember who it was, but I remember someone posting they drank a glass of their water cooler solution by mistake and posted it on here.    (I guess I should have posted that in Mr. Friendly's thread, the guy lived anyway) lots of great threads in this forum.

Anyway, I hope Greg and all the cool former employees land on their feet. and wish every poster all the best.

Cheers,

J.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 02, 2017 09:12 PM
  • Cannon Fodder Dec 03, 2017 01:06 AM
  • Quote: (TheGreatGazoo™ @ Dec 02 2017, 04:45 PM)

This forum is like a second home for me, it's one of the first pages I go to when online. HWC is great and all, but this is where my heart will always be.

Yup, same here..... :( :(
  • Cannon Fodder Dec 03, 2017 01:08 AM
  • Quote: (Babaghan @ Dec 02 2017, 07:26 PM)

I wish to graciously decline naming anyone, because if I leave anyone out, they will feel slighted.

So now you've slighted EVERYONE!!!
  • nofrills Dec 03, 2017 01:17 AM
  • Bye all...
  • BiBi_ Dec 03, 2017 05:21 AM
  • thanks everyone. even though I moved countries its been a fun ride ~ hopefully see some of u on hardware canucks or redflagdeals ~
  • ftp1020 Dec 03, 2017 08:51 AM
  • My first NCIX logon-in in years, which is part of the problem I suppose...

Thanks to everyone, both inside NCIX and the forum community. I got free help from both that allowed me to build some great PCs at good prices. It's a shame nothing lasts forever, adieu!
  • Doug_the_Slug Dec 03, 2017 08:39 PM
  • f***

:(
  • Cannon Fodder Dec 03, 2017 09:24 PM
  • Couldn't have said better myself, Doug.... this is really startin' to feel bad.... seems kinda lame to be thinkin' that way about a computer store forum, but there ya have it. :(

In case you haven't noticed, I suggest you have a look at nofrills'(he's just a few posts above yours) posts - he's apparently the former NCIX Forum Admin, and was around last night, with a few things to say.... Linus popped by briefly too.
  • Prismline Dec 03, 2017 10:52 PM
  • Yeah, looks like nofrills is the former FA and I was surprised to see him posting. We've been talking about NCIX over the past few weeks and I know he's been looking, but hadn't really posted until the bankruptcy was official. In its heyday, this forum was a great place to ask questions and get help and I wanted to thank many of the regulars who helped or just posted enough info for us lurkers to get help we needed. Any many times, it was a great place for entertainment. :-)
  • Golfanatik Dec 03, 2017 10:57 PM
  • DeViLzzz ... in the house ..

Can you guys see me? I just wanted to get back on here and say goodbye to people that hated me and hated me more.

PHYSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was modified by the poster at 12 03, 2017 10:58 PM
  • LordImperius Dec 03, 2017 10:57 PM
  • Just want to get a last post in as the end nears. I don't think I ever needed the help of any staff for a problem, but a thank you to Greg and any of the old guard, and I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time. Like the others, I too would like to say thanks to MR.Sparkel, Poison Ivy, ASharp, The Wizard, Mikey_C, werth, Saberon, Dead Things, Babaghan, Mr. Friendly. Spork, Cannon Fodder, Narkshark, Death_Hawk, Alter3d Reality, Hyperlight, (sorry for any misspelled names) and many others whose posts I've read, I never really had much to say then or even now but at lest I learned some great things. A big thank you to jakeElwood for recommending the UltraSharp U2415 to me two years ago, still very happy with it. Another thanks to Saberon and his PC build template, directed a couple people to it and they're still happy with their PCs. And a thanks to the ye old MushkinGreg for helping out with RAM timing back when I built my first PC so many moons ago, best wishes to you where ever you are.

I remember the thread of DH's 100tb server to backup the interwebs, thought to myself what the heck would I even do with all that space, but now wish I had one to backup my blu-ray and DVD collection LOL. Hyperlight you fibre at home "centralized game server" thread was drool enticing. Who could forget dear CamperMan and his "behold! the best performing video card for next 30 years!" thread and the many other laughs. And the one poster, whos name has escaped me, who had a visit with Microsoft reps and the RCMP. Wish I had time to go over all the other memorable threads from over the years before they all go poof.

Best of wish to everyone and here's hoping I see some familiar names on HWC, RFD, and LTT

Good night sweet prince

This message was modified by the poster at 12 03, 2017 10:58 PM
  • Cannon Fodder Dec 04, 2017 12:10 AM
  • Damn, Dead Things - there's a name I haven't seen mentioned for a while! And yeah, DT was excellent help around here, especially when it came to gettin' FaH stuff happenin'.